University Hospital (1949-1953)
Matsumoto Medical College was founded.
Matsumoto City Hospital was transferred by a donation from Nagano Prefecture transformed into the Matsumoto Medical College Hospital. In Matsumoto Medical College Hospital, Departments of Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics-Gynecology, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Pediatrics and Physiotherapy were established.
Matsumoto City Hospital Training School of Nurses was also transferred to Matsumoto Medical College Hospital.
Matsumoto Medical School was established.
With the enactment of the National School Establishment Law, the School of Medicine of Shinshu University was established, incorporating Matsumoto Medical College and Matsumoto Medical School.
Matsumoto Medical College Hospital became Shinshu University Hospital.
The Second Department of Surgery and Neurology were established.
The Second Department of Internal Medicine and Radiology Department were established.
Physiotherapy was divided into the Radiology Center and Physiotherapy.
Ophthalmology and Otorhinolaryngology were moved to the Asahi-machi Campus.
Orthopedic Surgery was established.
The First and Second Departments of Internal Medicine and the Administration Office of the University Hospital were moved to the Asahi-machi Campus.
The First and Second Departments of Surgery, Obstetrics-Gynecology, Pediatrics, Dermatourology and Radiology were moved to the Asahi-machi Campus.
The Central Banking Inspection Department was established.
Dermatourology was divided into Dermatology and Urology.
The Pharmacy in the Hospital was renamed the Department of Pharmacy.
The Operating Suite was added to the Central Facilities.
The Administration Office was reorganized; The Administration and Services Divisions were established.
Dentistry was established.
The Blood Transfusion Center was established.
Anesthesiology and the Supply Center were established.
Psychiatry was renamed Psychiatry & Neurology, and Obstetrics-Gynecology was renamed Obstetrics & Gynecology.
Last modified on July 21st, 2011